Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had to replace the HD in my Dell 1420 notebook. Bestbuy did the warranty work. The drive does not have a D drive partion like it used to have.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Beryla

Beryla

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

Unfortunately my hard drive failed when I was out of town and had to have my family take it in. I had backup files I created with the spotmau program that had both the C and D drive letters. I now only have a C drive listed and am unsure what to do. I am not very experienced with the deep end of the partion stuff. I have been using the laptop for a month now and have transfered as much of the fileinfo that they were able to save. I don,t want to do a restore if it will mess up what I have now but I am concerned that I will not be able to save properly for recovery later. I am trying to get to a point that I can create a hd image to save for the next crisis. I have a 320GB HD in the Laptop and a 500GB external drive That I would like to create the image on and then set to the side for that day when I have to restore to a new HD again. I am looking for some guidance so that I will have the ability to do this stuff myself. The HD hardware is not reliable as you folks probably already know. Even with the warranty it still costs alot of money. Thanks in advance for your help. Beryla

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users