Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SLOW Network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 8Bits

8Bits

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:00 AM

I have a DSL 512kb/s sharing with 2 others
I was having download rate 52kb\s but now
THE DOWNLOAD RATE IS ONLY 27KB\S :thumbsup:

I contacted with manager but nothing's wrong there

Edited by 8Bits, 12 July 2009 - 12:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quilla

Quilla

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:19 PM

I have a DSL 512kb/s sharing with 2 others
I was having download rate 52kb\s but now
THE DOWNLOAD RATE IS ONLY 27KB\S :thumbsup:

I contacted with manager but nothing's wrong there

Um,

Why are you sharing a 512kbps connection with anyone? Second what are the other users doing on the network at the time you want to use it? 512kbps connections were really not intended for sharing period. That's not a lot of bandwidth to play with especially if one of you is downloading something.

Edited by Quilla, 16 July 2009 - 11:20 PM.

My favorite Broadband Speed Test is at ISPgeeks.com Can't find me here? Find me there!

#3 ab0mbs

ab0mbs

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

your NIC card could have gone bad which would cause some of the requests to be lost.

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

I'm gonna go with Quilla on this: Three PCs on a 512 connection is asking alot. If any of you is downloading anything of size the network is going to be slowed WAY down.

If you are getting those speeds and you are sure the other 2 PCs are off that is a little different.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users