Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found this in Device Manger

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

I have down loaded this KB911895 from M/S. Device Manger has a yellow dot to the left of the HID Non-User Input Data Filter. Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37). AN ActiveX control on this page is not safe. Your current security settings prohibit running unsafe controls on this page. As a result, this page might not display as intended. I think this is for my wireless M/S keyboard. Everything works just fine. I'm just not use to having a yellow dot next to a KB911895 or any other KB.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

I see nothing for "yellow dot" in Device Manager.

Could that be an exclamation point on a yellow background?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/133240

In any case...the general first attempted fix for any Device Manager errors...should be uninstalling the device, rebooting...and reinstalling drivers for same. Current drivers may be damaged or incorrect.

Louis

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

It is a exclamation point in a yellow background.I went to the web site . It won't let me trouble shoot this. KB911895 a high priority update. I have Googled code 37. M/S .com and this code has something to do with loosing your screen saver. I have no problems there. I tried updating driver. No better drivers found. I have a HID compliant mouse from Logitech. There is no yellow dot.

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

To resolve this issue, plug in a wireless receiver, and then check for updates. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/)
Install the Optional Hardware Update that is named Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter.

As Louis suggested, I would uninstall the device from device manager and reboot. Let windows load the proper driver on its own.

You could also uninstall the device then click on "action" across the top and the click on "scan for hardware changes". This will also install the device drivers. But the recommended way is to reboot your computer.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#5 The Prof

The Prof

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

This update appears to be related to the Windows Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate operating systems. I have automatic updates set to download but not install and thus, I received this update also. However, reading the KB 911895 article in the Microsoft KB database suggests that this update is for Vista operating systems and certain input devices. I do not intend to install it as my system (Win XP) has no problems manifested with any drivers. I don't know why this showed up as a necessary update on my XP system. The Microsoft article does not list Win XP as an operating system to which this update applies. Check out KB911895 in the KB database at Microsoft. Hope this helps.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

In the first place...I don't know what any KB has to do with Device Manager.

I've never seen any update info of any sort in Device Manager.

Under what category do you perceive this info re a download?

Better yet...post a screen graphic, using the Print Screen key.

Louis

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

As hamluis stated I don't know either, why is this in device manger. I'm using XP-PRO-SP3. I only update with security updates off of windows update center. Which I think means it should only down load KB's for my system. Sorry that I can't print screen. I can't get this da%%% computer to do that. Sure would like to do that.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

OK...strange things occur with computers every day :thumbsup:.

Not sure what the positive effect might be...but I would try running chkdsk /r.

I would also check Event Viewer for anything that might shed some light on what's going on.

I might also run sfc /scannow because something seems to be amiss with what the system is doing.

Louis

#9 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

I will try your ideas as soon as I can and get back. Thanks to all. :thumbsup:

#10 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

Good morning hamluis and to all. I have run sfc /scannow. I have removed both HID Non-User Input Data Filter (KB 911895) from D/M and rebooted. They came back. Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device. I tried to troubleshoot and it tells me I/E, ActiveX controls on this page in not safe. It will not open. I uninstalled both KB911895 lines in D/M, they came back. I removed them again but did not reboot. I went to Windows update to see if it would tell me that I needed KB 911895; I don't need it. KB 911895 in not in control panel and remove programs. Both wireless mouses and one key board work. I have rolled back drivers for both KB lines. No help. I updated both KB lines, no help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users