Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Customer BSOD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrewww

andrewww

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:24 AM

Hey,
I have a customer that keeps getting a BSOD when he is browsing the web, we tested the system and ruled out a hardware fault. We get the computer to BS when we were browsing the web etc (the customer informed me that is when the error occurs) So i disabled auto restart and gave the PC back to him. He has now called and gave me the error codes he was receiving:

Error code

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8A341EA0, 0X8A341F14, ...)

I did a quick google and it looks like a clean installation of windows will slove the issue but i want to be 1000000% sure, thanks!

Edit:

Thought i would add that he is on XP MCE SP3

Edited by andrewww, 12 July 2009 - 07:39 AM.

Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

I would try running either the sfc /scannow command...or a repair install.

From www.aumha.org:

"0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION

One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message. One user, who experienced this on return from Standby mode on Win XP SP2, found the cause was that Windows was installed on a slave drive; compare KB 330100."

If it's an operating system problem...a clean install would certainly solve it. If it's a malware or hardware situation...a clean install won't necessarily overcome it (IMO).

Louis

#3 andrewww

andrewww
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

Yeah will try that!
Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users