Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why can't I access certain folders now after HDD move?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ringside

Ringside

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:19 AM

Hello all,

I recently got rid of our old machines (my wife and I), and built a new one. I put our old HDD's in as secondary and third drives, the plan was to access what was needed from each drive when it was needed. This has worked fine with mine but not so with my wife's. When I try to get into her documents folder for example I get an error saying Access Is Denied.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

I'm guessing you are using Windows XP, if so, go HERE to learn how to take ownership of the files. This happens to a lot of people when they change HD's. You will have to take ownership while in Safe Mode.

Let us know if this does not work... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Ringside

Ringside
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for the reply and yes I am using XP. I'll try it and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users