Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Mess!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fasih

Fasih

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:59 AM

Today at my cousins house, he was browsing the internet, without any anti virus program. Now he has a virus/spyware thats ruining his computer. A random anti virus program (possibly the spyware/virus) just pops up asking to register and stuff. I cant install any anti virus onto his computer. I went into safe mode for him, downloaded a portable antivirus for him ClamWin. It found 3 trojans, but it didn't seem to disinfect/delete the infections. So could someone maybe tell me a good executable antivirus that doesn't require installation. My friend showed me one, but hes not available, since hes on vacation, so I need someones help.

Thanks,
Fasih

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:14 AM

Hello Fasih
Please run this http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and post a log back to this thread

Thank You

D_N_M

Edited by boopme, 13 July 2009 - 11:52 AM.

#3 Fasih

Fasih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Is this something I would have to install? Because you cant install anything in safemode. Could I possibly install it on a flash drive and run the scan on his computer?

#4 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:19 AM

Hello Fasih

if you can't seem to download anything have you tried an online scan?
Here's one you can try and let's see what it finds.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

D_N_M

#5 Fasih

Fasih
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks. I can download, but cant install. Ill try this online scan tho. Hopefully it will find the spyware.

#6 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hello Fasih

Please let us know the results of the scan and post the log back too this thread.

Thank you

D_N_M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users