Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse not working - Unable to load any drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Overrun

Overrun

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

On one of my notebooks, I cannot load any drivers and the mouse (usb and mousepad) is not working. I also suspect the system is infected with a virus or malware due to continued attempts to update the hosts file and other requested system changes.

Compaq Presario r3000
Windows XP Home with SP3

I have tried a virus scan (Avast) and also Malwarebytes, however I cannot update the library since the mouse is not working(Page not available without a mouse). I have also tried removing the drivers, and the system does identify the hardware on boot, but will not load any drivers. I have also noticed that I cannot run regedit.

The system does also have winpatrol and I can send a hijack report if requested.

Life without a moue is hard, please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

Welcome to BC
Any chance of getting an inexpensive corded mouse?

I'm not familiar with Winpatrol but let's see a log
Same for mbam, even though it's outdated
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users