I used a cocktail of programs: malbytes, SAS, a-squared, dr. web's cureIt!, and lastly combofix.
I had everything removed before I used combo-fix except for the UAC related files. I had to use windows recovery console to delete about seven UACasdfhjiasdiogfhjasdiohjfgasdio.dll (not exactly that but UAC followed by gibberish) files, but that wasn't enough because they regenerated upon reboot, and thats when I turned to combofix.
Combofix detected the files and removed them.
After rebooting, I noticed a significant change for the better in system performance, but it was still more sluggish than it should be. And ontop of that, I could not bring up any websites via IE after normal startup, although IE would work fine when starting up under safe mode with networking.
I have a feeling there is still some malware preventing me from connecting.
That being said, I can ping websites - both in normal and safe mode - like yahoo.com or google.com, and my requests do not timeout, but I can not connect to them through Internet Explorer. I also reinstalled IE, and still no luck.
Like I said, I think there's some malware still on the machine that I'm missing.
I'll post my HJT log and if needed I can post my combofix log which are both from the last time I used the PC.
If someone sees something here that indicates malware, please tell me how/why you determined this, as I am trying to further my virus removal skills.
edit: I just remembered, I also had removed three entries in the HJT scan that were O1 Host entries in relation to spyware protector - which as I researched, I found to be malware related.
Edited by piratemcdaddy, 11 July 2009 - 05:37 PM.