Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help - virus removal - rootkit? virut?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gabaod

gabaod

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hi there,

I am trying to clean up a laptop that seems to have a nasty virus/rootkit

So far I have found viruses in relation to SKYNET*** and UAC** which I believe I have fully cleaned up.

I currently am running a rootrepeal scan and under the files tab pretty much ever .exe file on the system is showing up as a allocation size mismatch. Am I to believe that this is a virut going on that has infected every .exe/.html on the system?

When I try running combofix It gives me an ALERT that it cannot run saying it has been comprised and there may be a possible virut on the system.

Also all of the networking has been disabled on the machine, no drivers seem to install properly, and every driver gives an XP warning that it is not verified.

Trying to make sure there is no other way of fixing this besides a reformat, as there are specialized software installed with missing CDs to reinstall them ;/

Thanks much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users