Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What do i do to slay this beast

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 akirose001

akirose001

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:35 AM

Ok, i have some thing on my computer that keeps Deleting and turning off programs i dont know what its called and i dont know where it came from but if any has its name or suggested possibilities on how to defeat this beast it would greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

May we ask what programs you have so far run to try to slay the beast and any idea of what it may be??

Do you have any reports from those scans for someone to check out for you :thumbsup:

#3 akirose001

akirose001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

May we ask what programs you have so far run to try to slay the beast and any idea of what it may be??

Do you have any reports from those scans for someone to check out for you :thumbsup:

Well i started of runing Ad-aware then it deleted it and a bunch of other which just got deleted except spy bot heres a list of of crap it fixed http://img22.imageshack.us/i/scanqlk.jpg/ (zedo hiding at the end of list) but i am assuming its a trojan considering i keep doing this and about and hour it just comes back if one of those are infact the issue .

#4 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Is Ad-Aware

the ONLY protection program you have on the computer?

Can you tell us your Antvirus Protection program and when you last ran a full computer scan with it ?

Also what please is your Windows version ?

(Edited for a typo and add a link :thumbsup: )

Edited by snowdrop, 11 July 2009 - 12:52 PM.

#5 akirose001

akirose001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

Is Ad-Aware

the ONLY protection program you have on the computer?

Can you tell us your Antvirus Protection program and when you last ran a full computer scan with it ?

Also what please is your Windows version ?

(Edited for a typo and add a link :thumbsup: )

The last full scan was with Spy bot but up until the point it kept repeatly deleting ad-aware that was and im using XP

#6 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

?? Do you have AN antivirus program installed and if which is it please?
AS you do not appear to have yet run the Malwarebytes program lets see what if anything it finds?

This post by Dachew (BC advisor)will give you instructions on how to install Malwarebytes onto your computer, how to run the scan and how to give us its report http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1324417

try that ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users