Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help! partition removing problems!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peteyboy22

peteyboy22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Hello people of the forum, i'm 15 years old, (don't judge me.. well not yet)

i just got my new disc of ubuntu 9.04 in the mail today, so i was gonna dual boot it with vista on my laptop (no big deal)

ok so i got it dual booted, everthing went fine except ubuntu 9.04 wasn't working right, cpu was 100% the whole time, messed up screen resolution, and it was running at an unusable speed (idk what was wrong with it, and didn't feel like screwing up my computer... did anyway)

so i THOUGHT, i'd load back into vista, and remove the ubuntu partition (35 gigs from a 160 gig hard drive)..

so, i'm in vista, (working perfectly fine) i'm in the disk manager, and i removed my ubuntu partition (aparently i should have researched this first) after i removed it, i restarted my computer and i got an error that said "blah blah blah grub error 22"

so i did something wrong, so please, can someone help me get back into vista!? all my stuff's still there (well just my programs, luckily i put on my files on and external hard drive, for stuff just like this)

my recovery disc is a partition on my hard drive. so that doesn't work.

i have a hq/compaqu persario (more numbers here i forgot, it's the highest one)
2 gigs ram, navida graphics, amd processor

(no clue why ubuntu was slow, i don't have intel)

and i have a hacked xp disc, how do i use that to get back into vista??

is the installation disc the same things as a boot disc?

did i get this error because ubuntu was above vista on the boot list?

(should i post in the Linux forum?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

Seeing how you want to fix your Vista install, I will not comment on your hacked version of XP other than to say it is against forum rules
I have made a note of it and you will not get any assistance for that in the future

You need to fix your MBR:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users