Please download Dr.Web CureIt
, the free version & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt
- Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
- Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
- The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
- If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
- If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
- When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
- Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
- In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
- Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
- When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
- Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
- In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
- Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
- Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
Then run HERE
, and download RootRepeal.zip
to your Desktop. Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K.
Unzip that,(7-zip tool if needed)
and then click RootRepeal.exe
to open the scanner.
Next click on the Report
tab, now click on Scan
. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan. Check all
of the below and then click OK
Now you'll be asked which drive to scan. Check C
: and click OK
again and the scan will start. Please be patient as the scan runs. When the scan has finished, click on Save Report
Name the log RootRepeal.txt
and save it to your Documents folder (it should automatically save it there).
Please copy and paste that into your next reply.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time aroundDo not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook