Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Wireless networking help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GDanger

GDanger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:22 AM

hey everybody :thumbsup:
dunno if this is the right forum. but it is under the networking area

ok heres is whats going down.
i have a desktop running Xp and a laptop running Vista Ultimate 64 bit

my network runs fine for internet browsing.

the xp computer is wired to the wireless router and the router is wired to the modem, modem to phone line
and i connect to the network wirelessly with my laptop.

my main issue is when playing an online game Team Fortress 2

when i load the game everything goes smoothly untill i try to load the server list...
i am lucky if i can find 1 or 2 servers. and when i try to connect to them it tells me the server is not responding

i have narrowed it down to somethign to do with the router because i plugged in the ethernet cable straight from the modem
and tried to load everything and it works fine i get truck loads of servers.

my main question is. what the hell do i need to configure to get TF2 to load the servers!
i bought the game 4 days ago and can only play servers if i join a game my friend is in and im lucky if i can load the server.

the router and modem i am useing are:
Router = Asus Ez Wireless N Router RT-N11
Modem = 2Wire Gateway Modem (Provided by Testra)

if someone could help that would be freakin awesome
i really cannot think of anything else.

Thanks heaps
-GDanger

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

Just a quick search on google brought this post up. Might wanna give it a read.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Ravahan

Ravahan

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

In addition to what CaveDweller posted, if you're uncomfortable with DMZ as some people seem to be (or already have a DMZ on the network) I did find these listed on GameSpot forums.

Steamclient1: 27000 - 27020
Steamclient2: 27020 - 27050
SteamServ: 27015

I would think the last one is the most imporant for you at the moment, but if you're on PS3 then enabling DMZ shouldn't be a problem at all unless its already taken. Let us know if you need help setting up the forwarding/DMZ. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users