Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Footloose ne'er-do-well and feckless layabout

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pilgrim1

Pilgrim1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

I'm successfully retired, indulging a late-discovered talent for leisure. I strive to be a footloose ne'er-do-well and feckless layabout, just riding my Harley around the country and trying to write books. Everyone ought to have a goal: constructive sloth is mine.

Unfortunately, other tasks rear their ugly heads from time to time. The most perplexing ones invariably revolve around trying to keep my laptops and home network up and running. For the IT world, I'd characterize myself as a competent user of MS Office and some other programs, such as Acrobat. My primary uses for the infernal machines are writing in MS Word (alas poor Wordperfect; I knew it well), Internet researching (Google via Chrome and Firefox), simple news browsing, and email (GMail via Chrome). I can install the programs I use and can make most hardware function after repeated tries. Things involving drivers, BIOS, and the internal workings of the confusers are still obscure to me. Thus, I bring to you a problem posted in the hardware section since it involves a hard drive that won't drive.

I stumbled across this site through fortuitous circumstance while researching another problem a couple years ago. This is my first time back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,528 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:32 AM

Well we're happy you stumbled back and joined Pilgrim1, Welcome!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users