Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Active Desktop Recovery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AustinTerry

AustinTerry

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

I have an HP Pavilion Multimedia PC with a Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE video card, and a HP f2105 moniter.

Every so often (could be every few day, or may go a few weeks), for no apparent reason, when I turn on the computer, I get the white Active Desktop Recovery screen.(MS Windows has experienced an unexpected error. As a precaution, you Active Desktop has been turned off.)
I do not even USE the Active Desktop. I can fix it by going to display and choosing a picture for my desktop again and it is fine for a few days or weeks, but is getting somewhat frustrating
that I don't know what keeps causing it. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary like changing desktops or screen savers when it happens.

I have followed the directions to make sure the Active Desktop is turned off, but it still happens.

Can anybody tell me how to make it stop?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Opinions at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=a...op+&aqi=g10

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users