Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

sqlbrowser.exe problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johny023

Johny023

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

ok, a while back i updated my computer and after the update i noticed a few new things running in the task manager, they where sqlbrowser.exe and a few other ones that also started with sql. i didn't think much of it, but after the update i went to use the internet. the internet was a lot slower then it normally was so i figured it must be the new programs, i opened the task manager and closed all the sql programs that where running then went back to what i was doing. the internet was back to normal speed, for a minute then it became slow again, i reopened the task manager to find that sqlbrowser.exe had reopened itself, so i closed it again. it reopened again within a few seconds, and after about 10 minutes of fighting with it i gave up on trying to close it and just dealt with the slow internet. a little while later i found out one more problem it's causing now if i go to sites like youtube to watch videos, my computer loads about half the video then stops, and won't load any more, if i close sqlbrowser.exe it continues loading for a second or 2 but once sqlbrowser.exe opens again it stops loading. with this it takes me 3-4 minutes to watch 1 minute of a video after it stops loading. it's just getting annoying now.

it's always open, i can't close it, and it makes my internet run a lot slower, is there any way to get rid of it? or to turn it off and stop it from coming back on? i don't know what it does and i don't know much about computers, but it seems to be causing more harm then good.

sorry if this is in the wrong place, i'm new here and this looked like the right place :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users