Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help remove a System Security 4.52 version

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 duke67

duke67

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

Please help!

I ran the downloaded program to kill the System security 4.52 and was successful. It was removed from the ADD/REMOVE programs application. However when I rebooted, the damn thing came back on. I tried running the program again to kill the .exe but now it's saying access denied.

What is this System Security crap and how did it get in our system.

PLEASE Help!

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,511 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

Take a look here: How to remove System Security (Uninstall Instructions)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 duke67

duke67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hello,

I was able to run the downloaded and rename it accordingly. I was able to delete the icon ex:1234567 and killed the process.

The next steps however, I can't seem to do.
SystemSecurity will no longer be active in memory but is still installed so best let MBAM rip it good and proper smile.gif

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
* Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad and if required the program will ask you to reboot to remove locked files.

#4 duke67

duke67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

After I was able to kill the system security .exe icon, I rebooted my PC. Instead of running the next process suggested above, I ran the system restored.

Everything is fine now and most importantly the malware is GONE.

Thank you for the awesome help! It was tremendous help. I've read from other posts, that this malware attacked several users with XP all this week. How can this be prevented in the future? OR can it be even with a anti-virus and firewall on?

Anyway, thanks again for the instructions to get this issue fixed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users