Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First searches redirected >>> Now BSOD and spybot programs not working HELP PLZ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Capone333

Capone333

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Ok here we go. The problem that started all this was my searches being redirected. After running disk cleaning, deleting temp files, and finding some program in the java folder (jse somethin), I decided to install spybot. Before the install finished i got an error and the setup would stop, so i turned off download update automatically and it finished the install, woot right? NOPE Blue screen of death. So basically long story short, Spybot, Hijack this, both blue screened on install, i managed to get them installed in safe mode, but they dont work. Malwarebytes or w/e installed but dont work. I managed to get Ad-aware installed and ran, it found some things and fixed em but it still wont let me run any of the previously listed programs.

Im running vista home, Eset nod 32, and basically the spyware programs i listed (that dont work). Honestly im pretty stumped, i cant think of anything to do short of a full restore (i have 98% of important stuff backed up), but im hoping that someone here can keep that from happening. Any help would be appreciated, I'll provide any other info if you need. (all spyware programs are the newest version.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users