Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disc Boot Failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LilttleDebbie

LilttleDebbie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hi. I am having major computer problems. I went to turn on my computer yesterday and got an error message..."disc boot failure insert system disc and hit enter"....I did that and then got the message "no hard drive found"......I thought something might be corrupted so I reformatted....was told to reboot, but ended up getting the same messages. Does this mean my hard drive is done? Or is it something else?
I can't give you any information on it because I can't turn it on....but here is what I do have...HP Pavillion 91210n,200gigs,AMD64/Athlon, windows XP.
Thanks to anyone who can sterr me in the righ direction

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:16 AM

Iy sounds like your hard drive has failed.

" I can't give you any information on it because I can't turn it on "

I assume you mean it won't start past the error message & not that it literally won't come on .
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 LilttleDebbie

LilttleDebbie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

yes that is what I meant...sorry. I had my son put in a new hard drive and still the same error messages.
"disc boot failure, insert system disc and hit enter...did that then I got the message no hard drive found. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users