Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

"save as" box won't close - Office 2003 - outlook and word

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tulula3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:59 AM

First time here as I'm usually about to fix my own computer issues.

Since my son got in somewhere on one of my computers, whenever I open Microsoft Outlook or Word, the "save as" dialog box appears wanting for me to save whatever at random. In Outlook especially, if I open it and receive an email, it'll wish for me to save the title of whatever it is as "whatever".htm. I'll continually cancel to not save anything, try to save what it wants me to, etc BUT it will continue to pop up. The same happens in word where I'm rendered helpless as it wishes for me to "save as" "Doc1" all the time. I'm not able to do anything else and neither program will close unless I open up task manager to "end task".

This has been going on for a week now and have had to manage my email on my ISP's webmail website. I've done virus scans - norton (even disabled it as I know it's a FUN program), performed office updates, clicked on the HELP - detect and repair but no avail. I'm thinking that my next step will be is to uninstall and reinstall after exporting my mail folders.

What do you think it could be?

Lisa :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MartyGeek

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 17 July 2005 - 04:23 AM

Control-S is stuck on your keyboard?

Have you tried a different keyboard on your machine?

That's about all I can think of.

Also, grab a better Antivirus, such as AVG from www.grisoft.com

M :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users