Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF printing help needed!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigdaz

bigdaz

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

Hello, i am trying to print the text and pictures from PDF docs. but not the actual background image of the page as doing this uses huge amounts of printer ink.
The print out i want to end up with is of the text/pictures from the PDF on a sheet of white paper not the embeded image backgrond of the PDF.
My OS XP, i have word 2007, Adobe ect but can not figure this one out.
Any help most welcome. Thanks.
Bigdaz :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

Double-check your printer settings - Advanced
Some have the option of " Do not print backround

Not sure if this applies
http://www.jrapublish.com/help/Appendices/Layered_PDF.htm

Edited by garmanma, 10 July 2009 - 10:09 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 bigdaz

bigdaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

I tried viewing the seperate layers of the PDF in adobe reader : view/navigation panels/layers tabs : however all the listed options that display are greyed out and not selectable so i can not change what i view and then print. I think this may be because under the document security tab document assembly is not allowed. There are no options in my printer settings for not printing the background also. Thanks for the help though any more ideas are most welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users