Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keep getting alert at start up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reveller120

Reveller120

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

Story short: my computer is dead been using my best friends, she doesn't mind since she doesn't have internet right now, got a new computer recently and am returning her computer but i want to return it in the same state or even better.

1 problem.
I've used it for awhile and well downloaded and got rid of different programs.

Everytime I start windows up I get an alert/error message that something can't be completed because rosegoyle.dll is missing

I'm not 100% sure if thats the name of the .dll and its pretty annoying. By the look of it it doesn't really alter the performance of the computer from that i can tell
any help?

what steps should i take to get rid of the error message.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

It is probably a startup entry leftover from one of programs you uninstalled.

Do you have a program installed to control startup programs?

If you do you could check in it for a program that relates to that entry and uncheck it.

I use Spybot to controll my startups.

It would help if you could find out the exact spelling of the file. I did a google search for the one you listed above and it did find anything at all.

#3 Reveller120

Reveller120
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:05 AM

I just found it.
Its rosegoye.dll

Edited by Reveller120, 10 July 2009 - 12:05 AM.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:24 AM

It would seem from that file that you recently got rid of the trojan vundo.

If you did not recently remove malware from that system, then I suspect you are currently infected with it and should post over in the "Am I Infected" section of this forum. You can get to that forum by clicking the link below....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Actually you should probably post over there even if you did recently remove the malware as they are probably the best ones to help you get rid of the leftovers from the infection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users