Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps restarting by itself

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 neilsavage

neilsavage

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

Recently I was installing winamp on my computer and all of a sudden my AVG virus pops up with win32/patched and winlogon.exe being infected. After I ran a scan AVG said it needed to restart to finish the process. After I did this, the computer keeps restarting over and over again. It displays the windows logo and then before it gets to the blue screen or desktop, it restarts. I've tried going into safe mode, but everytime I do that, the computer restarts. I've also tried all the options to boot and I don't want to reinstall windows. Help please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

winlogon.exe may be missing or another Windows file is missing therefore preventing Windows from booting. I suggest you find a Windows disk that came with your computer or borrow one with the same Service Pack and repair Windows.

Use this guide if you need help:
http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#RI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users