Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I'm worried my laptop is infected reallusion delete ocx.cmd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Previously I was attacked by trojans but my Kasperskys said it took care of them but on further inspection in my permissions part of Kasperskys under Reallusion it has a delete ocx. cmd that looks suspicious to me. I've ran scans with superanti-spyware and Kasperskys that says I'm clean. I previously had Malwarebytes on my computer but it wouldn't update so I uninstalled it. I am going to re-download and update it. What is this Reallusion delete ocx. cmd? is it the fixed file leftover after Kasperskys dissinfected it or what? Should I be worried?

PS. I believe file was originally cybervision I restricted permissions then I think it changed to Reallusion? Suspicious

Edited by DEATHlLINK, 09 July 2009 - 09:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,470 posts
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:52 PM

Reallusion is 3d animation software and I cannot be certain of Cybervision as it shows may things from software to surveillance.

It appears that Kaspersky has or wants to stop a possibly dangerous activeX component..

- An OCX is an Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) custom control, a special-purpose program that can be created for use by applications running on Microsoft's Windows systems. OCXs provide such functions as handling scroll bar movement and window resizing. If you have a Windows system, you'll find a number of files in your Windows directory with the OCX file name suffix.

Microsoft now calls an OCX an ActiveX control, the component object under Microsoft's set of ActiveX technologies, of which the fundamental concept is the Component Object Model (COM) and, in a network, the Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM).

An OCX or ActiveX control is actually implemented as a dynamic link library DLL module. (You can think of a DLL program as a "subprogram" that can be used by any number of application programs, each of which is a "container" for the DLL or OCX/ActiveX control "object.") Visual Basic and C++ are commonly used to write OCX or ActiveX controls.

SearchWinIT.com Definitions

Edited by boopme, 09 July 2009 - 09:52 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users