Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook express damaged store file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 limosforu

limosforu

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:19 AM

outlook express said that there was a damaged store file, and it suggested that I do a scandisk to repair the problem. However, I did a search for some solutions to the problem, and one of the solutions offered was to rename the inbox and outbox.dbx files to .old, and so I did. Well, I'm such an idiot, because I didnt even think ahead to figure out that renaming the file got rid of all their old emails.

How do I retrieve all of the old emails, or revert back to the inbox and outbox.old?

I tried importing messages, but it wouldn't work.

Thanks for anyone able to assist in this matter.

Barth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 limosforu

limosforu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

I forgot to mention that it is Windows ME/400mhz/128mb, and do I need to post a logfile?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

A log file will not solve this problem. If you can find the file that you renamed, you may be able to open this and retrieve all the messages from there. If you re-rename the file, you will lose the messages in the current file. Perhaps you can copy the contents of the "old" file into the new one. Wait for a more expert opinion on this.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users