Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Block New Installations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fpsa_ahmed

fpsa_ahmed

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

Hey Guys,

Isn't there a software that blocks and new programs from being installed. Or it was when you install it and then restart it takes it back to what you saved it for unless you install using an administrator password?

If anyone knows the program I am talking about or something similar or even something better please let me know!

What I am trying to do is setup all the software we need to run a business computer and just lock it at that. I am hoping that this way it will not get infected with viruses/spyware/malware.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Do you mean Total Uninstall? http://www.martau.com/

Last freeware version http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/uninst.html

#3 andrewww

andrewww

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

I think you might be interested in this sort of thing. SteadyState
Lucy
C2D E6600 @ 2.4, 8GB OCZ Reaper @ 1066, 500GB Barracuda, Powercolor HD4850, Asus P5Q Pro, Corsair TX650, NZXT Lexa Blackline, Windows 7 - Build 7100, Samsung 22" Monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users