Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Malfunction...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fido Dido

Fido Dido

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

I posted over in Vista OS forum and was told my problem might be malware....here is where I'm at - would be really greatful for any help.

Last week I installed Office 2007, but Outlook wouldn't send email. Despite changing my anti virus to AVG in an attempt to solve this, it still didn't work.
I then tried to un-install Office - but it froze half way each time. I manually sent all the programme files to the recycle bin but the computer wouldn't delete all of them.
So I reinstalled Office, outlook wouldn't send again and on trying to delete the programme I encountered the same set of problems.

Feeling I had no other choice I carried out a system restore. All three times it didn't complete, citing a system fault/power cut.

How can I make it all better?

Is there anymore info I need to give to get help from you guys? - I'm operating on Vista Ultimate

I tried on safe mode and still no luck, below is the problems as I try to system restore..

Posted Image

then

Posted Image

And once my computer has rebooted and taken 5 minutes to think about it, this comes up......

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fido Dido

Fido Dido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:06 PM

My problems have got worse.

I don’t know how to delete or close this post.

I am going to carry out the instructions for, ‘before posting’ and post my hijackthis log.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users