Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 & norton 360 2.0 not installing ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tokeno

tokeno

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

Hi I have been running windows 7 since the first beta releice now the RC and I have been running Nortons 360 2.0 all the time Now this is on my laptop with no problems.> Now the problem is with my desktop I had XP Pro and now win 7 RC and have been using the same nortons disk . I setup the OS then the Norton 360 2.0 and the nortons would not install the fault is that the OS should be XP or newer . So it let's me believe that it beleives that it is an old OS . I cant figure out why I have reinstalled 2 time and it is the same download I used on my laptop .
Desktop > duel core, 320 sata drive ddr2, 4 Gb Rm, and no problems with any other installs . So Help I am having a brain cramp.

Tokeno
A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.
Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rohit.r.i

rohit.r.i

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

www.norton.com/n360s_3 ...This is the link for version 3 and the same product key will work

#3 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hi I have been running windows 7 since the first beta releice now the RC and I have been running Nortons 360 2.0 all the time Now this is on my laptop with no problems.> Now the problem is with my desktop I had XP Pro and now win 7 RC and have been using the same nortons disk . I setup the OS then the Norton 360 2.0 and the nortons would not install the fault is that the OS should be XP or newer . So it let's me believe that it beleives that it is an old OS . I cant figure out why I have reinstalled 2 time and it is the same download I used on my laptop .
Desktop > duel core, 320 sata drive ddr2, 4 Gb Rm, and no problems with any other installs . So Help I am having a brain cramp.

Tokeno

Hi tokeno,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Norton 360 version 2 is not compatible with Windows 7. You will need to remove that version and sign up for the Norton 360 version 3 beta for Windows 7 by visiting the site below.

Norton 360 version 3 Beta for Windows 7

Thank you,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#4 tokeno

tokeno
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Thanks Mike

I installed the beta 3 and still had the problem after rooting around I found a root directory issue that was an installation error on win7 I downloaded a new version of win7 rc and reinstalled it and everything runs again thanks for your help.
Bill M
A learned blockhead is a greater blockhead than an ignorant one.
Benjamin Franklin

#5 Michael York

Michael York

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:28 PM

Thanks Mike

I installed the beta 3 and still had the problem after rooting around I found a root directory issue that was an installation error on win7 I downloaded a new version of win7 rc and reinstalled it and everything runs again thanks for your help.
Bill M

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the update and I'm happy I was able to point you in the right direction with Norton 360 and Windows 7.

Have a great day,
Mike
Michael York
Symantec Corporation

#6 batman381

batman381

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:26 AM

My product key does not work with the beta version I downloaded. I have more days left on my subscription then the beta says. How do I fix this problem or do I still have to go and buy an updated version?

#7 Michael York

Michael York

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

Hi batman381,

An existing product key will not work with a Beta version of a Norton product and you do not need to enter a key for the Beta builds.You can simply close the box that appears after the installation. The Beta builds only work for a set period of time (usually 7 days) and then expire. The amount of time that remains is shown in the bottom right corner of the main Norton 360 window. As long as you check the box to be notified of updated builds when you sign up for the Beta program, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the latest build when it is available.

You can also visit the Norton 360 version 4 Public Beta Forum at the link below for further information.

Norton 360 version 4 Public Beta Norton Community Forum

Thank you,
Mike

My product key does not work with the beta version I downloaded. I have more days left on my subscription then the beta says. How do I fix this problem or do I still have to go and buy an updated version?

Edited by Michael York, 14 January 2010 - 01:43 PM.

Michael York
Symantec Corporation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users