Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My screen suddenly goes black

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rizqe

rizqe

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hello! I'm having a problem with my Dell laptop.

Since a few weeks ago I noticed that whenever I use the laptop on batteries the screen would flicker every now and then. But a few days ago it went all black, and I had to force restart the laptop. It happened again tonight.

I don't know if it's infected or if there's a hardware problem.

Just recently I noticed multiple processes of Firefox in the task manager, and I read that it could be because of a Trojan called PoisonIvy. I scanned the laptop with SuperAntispyware (safe mode), then Avira free edition (safe mode), and Malwarebytes (normal mode, quick scan), all with System Restore turned off. But nothing came up. And the problem went away. But then tonight the black screen happened, and now I'm not so sure if the laptop was infected after all.

Any idea what I could do to determine the problem? And maybe the cause, too?

I'm using:
Windows XP Media Center Edition version 2002, Service Pack 3
Dell Inspiron MXC061 (Dell Inspiron E1405)
Genuine Intel® CPU
T2300, 1.66GHz, 0.99GB RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users