Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious lancard problem, driver or something

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:36 AM

EDIT:
thanks to who ever can help me, ive spent about 36 hours now without sleeping searching the web
so from gathered info ive gotten this
to start things off either i have NO CLUE how to install the REALTEK RTL8168/8111C ethernet NIC driver (but i remember doing it before.. like just extractiing and clicking setup)

1) my mobo is gigabyte 945gcm-s2l (built in real tek 8111c nic)
2) 1 day it just suddenly disappeared from
- local area connections
- Device manager
- BIOS (doesnt mention anything there nemore about enable/disable totally gone)
3) ipconfig returns "windows IP configuration"
4) i tried making a second account 2 see if i could see it but when i get to network connections it says something about unable etc etc

5) ive tried multiple drivers ,from gigabyte and realtek websites none seem to work,
- when i install it it says "shut off then connect realtek - " but its built in
- when i come back on windows recognizes it says "PCI DEVICE" but when i go to install it keeps askin to go on the internet, if i try to route it to where the driver i downloaded (and extracted) is it just says like its not enough info or something,
6) "PCI DEVICE" comes out in device manager but not under network adapters
- before saying code 10 cannot start, now saying some other crap since i kept trying dif drivers

i have the strangest feeling its all connected, from the "windows ip configuration" to my lan connection totally disappearing
---------------------------------------------------------
to clear things up what ive tried
---------------------------------------------------------
went into BIOS on boot, (saw a screenshot of what it should look like)
doesnt have my network adapter in there, or anything relevant to the word "LAN" or "connection"
-i flashed my BIOS, rolled back bios to f6, then back to F7 (award)
-i THINK i reformatted the computer, not sure this is exactly what i did
*tried the netsh int ip reset resetlog.xtt nothing happend
*tried "FORMAT C:" nothing happend
* booted into the windows xp cd, did the chkdsk /r (nothing changed hwen logging in
*booted into windows xp cd typed "FORMAT C:" waited forever and now my comp i GUESS is reformatted? like brand new, dont know about the core files or anything

i can run any tests u guys need me to do

i guess the top issues are

1) i have no internet what so ever,
2) cannot install my built in NIC (i guess i dunno how)
3) ipconfig comes back "windows ip configuration"

^i think there all in 1 cause

all or any help is really appreciated!!! so much

Edited by vegasripper2004, 09 July 2009 - 09:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ingle

Ingle

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:00 PM

In run type cmd and then do an ipconfig /all to see what comes up. Also, what is the make and model of your motherboard? If the NIC is built in, you are almost guaranteed to get the correct driver from the manufacturer.

#3 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

when i type ipconfig all it says is "windows ip configuration" it shows when im typing intsead of a completley blank screen says someting LIKE "C:/something/something/owner>" when im typing, not like before where it was just blank

thank u so much for the quick reply. i also tried winsock fix, nothing happend -.- still cant open ipconfig.exe itself

btw my motherboard is a gigabyte s series 945gcm-s2l

andi can almost garuntee im missing a shtload of drivers since the reformat -.-

Edited by vegasripper2004, 09 July 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#4 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

would buying a d-link lancard fix this problem? im so dead -.- i just realized how bad it was for me to reformat, especially after spending so long gathering all of the latest drivers to keep my comp runnign smooth -.- i hope u can help me get this fixed, comp is the only thing i got with a fiancee who ties me down.

#5 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

btw and to specify, BEFORE i reformatted, the lancard whatever came out 4 x all basically the same name, all had ! next to it, but now, even after reinstalling it and restarting the computer, nothing comes out under network adapter, because there is no "network adapter" in device manager, all i see is pci device with a ? and sm bus controller with a ? as well -.-

#6 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

just double chcked and yes it is a realtek 8111 built in lan thingy, and i have the most up to date drivers because i downloaded it from the gigabyte webste itself, before, it hope it would fix the problem i use to and still have about the internet disconnecting and restarting whenever im doing something heavy like gaming, so the driver still doesnt do anything, windws still doesnt recognize the realtek 8111 nic, could it be dead? any1 know what that pci device thing with a ? and the other thing is? thanks guys.

#7 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

check its actually a Realtek RTL8111C (the driver i had downloaded supports it too)

update:
i went into bios, it shows NOTHING about a lan connection or anything, i was looking at a screenshot of someones bios settings, and mine is missing a few,i cant figure it out, is my nic fried?

also i saw a picture of a guy who had just plugged his in wrong or something, showed a picture saying

" |||" <-- on "||| " <-- off, so i went through my manual and looked around the board and cant find anything htat looks like that tho i have located the area

thnx 4 the help, i hope someone replies soon, before i go crazy and just buy a lan card and it end up not being the problem -.-

so a check listf

1) no lan connection/setting/card whatever in BIOS
2) downloaded the right drivers from the motherboard website and the actual realtek website no avail
3) tried degrading bios from award f7 to f6, nothing change (went back to f7)
4) not located in network conections, device manager (only thing weird that comes out after installing some drives is a "?PCI DEVICE" help please :thumbsup:

#8 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

no clues...??

#9 vegasripper2004

vegasripper2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

cmon guys i could really use the help, i dont even kno if buying a lancard will solve this, because of not having an IP. or if the Ip is the thing that wll solve the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users