Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Unable To Complete A System Restore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fido Dido

Fido Dido

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:19 AM

Last week I installed Office 2007, but Outlook wouldn't send email. Despite changing my anti virus to AVG in an attempt to solve this, it still didn't work.
I then tried to un-install Office - but it froze half way each time. I manually sent all the programme files to the recycle bin but the computer wouldn't delete all of them.
So I reinstalled Office, outlook wouldn't send again and on trying to delete the programme I encountered the same set of problems.

Feeling I had no other choice I carried out a system restore. All three times it didn't complete, citing a system fault/power cut.

How can I make it all better? - Have I made some really bad novice mistakes?

Is there anymore info I need to give to get help from you guys?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ingjr

Ingjr

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

I'm pretty novice also, but did you try starting in safe mode?

#3 Fido Dido

Fido Dido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

I tried on safe mode and still no luck, below is the problems as I try to system restore..

Posted Image

then

Posted Image

And once my computer has rebooted and taken 5 minutes to think about it, this comes up......

Posted Image

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

malware

#5 Fido Dido

Fido Dido
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Should I head on over to the malware forum/section?

Thanks by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users