Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to play mp3 files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jasonb20

Jasonb20

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:50 AM

I used a 16GB USB flash drive to store my music as I reinstalled windows. After the installation, I transfered all my music files back onto my desktop in the 'My Music' folders. Download Itunes again and went to load all my songs into Itunes library like before. I noticed that only 2,000 of 3,000 songs were able to play on Itunes. The 1,000 songs missing from Itunes are still in ' My Music' folder however unable to play even after double-clicking on a song, copy and pasting, or dragging. I did check the properties on the non-playable files and noticed some differences. On the general tab, everything appears to be in order but when I go to the summary tab, it's missing info. There is no info regarding 'audio' such as bit rate, duration, and audio sample rate. On music files that do currently play on Itunes, all this info is present.
All the song files are listed as MPEG Layer 4 audio. Could this be the problem? I've never noticed this before. But if it is a problem, why do 2,000 other files listed as MPEG's able to play?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jasonb20

Jasonb20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

Forgot to mention...
I did some research and it appears that MPEG files are for moives. Is that true? Something also about Codecs, but I have no clue how this works or if I need one.
I also downloaded and ran a MP3 repair tool on these files. End result states the songs were 'repaired', however still do not play.

Edited by Jasonb20, 09 July 2009 - 03:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users