Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CDrom drive not reading discs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 o2w4e

o2w4e

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

My CDRom drive isn't reading discs, whether its a CDRom or a music CD. It burns CDs just fine as all the CDs I've burned work fine in the stereo. My CDRom drive is a TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSL426C. I use a Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2. I recently reformatted the laptop and restored it to it's original state. I don't know if this play a part or not. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

A CDRW/DVD can work to burn disks but not read them
It can also read but not burn.

They use 2 different lens to read & burn.
about the only thing you could do is get a lens cleaner disk & try it but if the drive doesn't read a disk of any kind, period, I think the read lens has failed.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

A CDRW/DVD can work to burn disks but not read them
It can also read but not burn.

They use 2 different lens to read & burn.
about the only thing you could do is get a lens cleaner disk & try it but if the drive doesn't read a disk of any kind, period, I think the read lens has failed.

try it in a different computer first just to make sure its the cd drive thats dead

#4 o2w4e

o2w4e
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:06 AM

I've tried multiple disks, nothing works. It's not an option to try a different computer at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users