Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase template: mediocre gaming computer.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Steve_Irwin

Steve_Irwin

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hello again guys, I have to build another computer for a friend around the $850-$900 budget. I might have to change a few parts due to shipping prices because the person is really anal about the budget.

My budget for the new computer is: 850-900 USD (need monitor also!)

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? playing WoW? going to college and maybe programming

What software do you intend on using on the computer? visual studio, WoW, photoshop, etc etc

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? WoW, starcraft

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? I'm not sure.. but I'm sure the budget takes care of this, no?

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? Yes he does, 1 TB would be fine since it's not that big of a difference with a 500 GB in my opinion.

Other: I don't want to be really picky, but this isn't mine so sorry :X He requests one with blue lights (like the neon ones?) Something similar to this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824254005 (I'm thinking one without as much fans would do as I'd say he never cleans a computer every 2 years.

I don't really want to place a lot of money on a high end video card as WoW doesn't require that much right? (correct me if I'm mistaken) Hope I can get a balanced computer with video and processing in hand.

I think the monitor is going to be a wide screen, 19" + preferred. I looked at the Hans-g ones, and they do look good but the reviews seem bad.. are they really reliable?

Oh yeah, I was reading some where that Phenom II X2 or X3 can be turned into a X4 just by a simple motherboard function to unlock the 3rd and 4th cores. Can I do that instead of buying a X4? Any drawbacks?

Really sorry for being so specific, but again it's not my computer. Thanks for the help! (sorry for asking so much questions)

Edited by Steve_Irwin, 08 July 2009 - 10:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users