Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows requesting SP 3 CD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rennervision

rennervision

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

I'm having exactly the same problem word-for-word like you described. I'm on XP Pro with CA Anti-Virus. Like you, I ran MBAM and found nothing. This just started today so I changed my hard drive to a clone I made last weekend. It's also showing the exact same virus messages.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with CA Anti-Virus?

Edited by rennervision, 08 July 2009 - 07:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rennervision

rennervision
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

I should also mention that as soon as this virus was quarantined, files for my networking program (Network Magic) were deleted. Error messages popped up telling me Network Magic stopped working and needed to be reinstalled.

However, I keep getting more virus alerts like the OP stated. I turned off that computer and I'm now using an older computer that hasn't had CA Anti-Virus updated in a few days. I'm going to see if these problems start up after I update my anti-virus.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

Split from this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239954/dual-problem-windows-requesting-sp-3-cd/

~ OB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 09 July 2009 - 08:18 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users