Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

more RAM?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

i hav an 7 year old hp running xp and it has 247 MB of RAM. i am planning to buy new RAM for it but i dont knw wat kind or how much i can get. Does anyone wat kind or how much is the limit i can put on ther?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

I would suggest going to both Crucial and Kingston and see what they recommend or list as the ram for your computer. Being 7 years old, it probably takes PC100 or PC133 SDRAM. But both sites or at least one of them will tell you what your computer requires.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users