Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Batista1Cena1

Batista1Cena1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:11 AM

I have a Tiger computer and somehow my son totaly erased everything and I can't even get it to load now I mean I get nothing if someone could help I really would appriciate it very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:53 AM

tiger meaning tigerdirect? are you sure the partition is there? i cant explain what a partition is but i'm sure somebody can. i know what it is but i cant explain it, get my drift?

erased everything? like erased as in hit the "delete" key a couple thousand times? or reformat the HD? do you have the OS cd? i think i'm askin a lil too much. but answer those and somebody with greater knowledge can get back to you. if not me, bcuz if you read my posts u can tell i just look at the simple things b4 getting too techie

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 maj.stiffy

maj.stiffy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:51 AM

when the computer boots do you get any error messages about a disk error or anything
like that, or does the computer just boot with a blank screen that just sits there or what?? do you get beeping sounds when you turn on the computer, there are several things that may be wrong, look for the simple things like the monitor cable connected to tower and such...more info might give us some clues on what may be wrong
maj.stiffy

#4 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:14 PM

Dear Bat,

Yes, we need some more information to help.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#5 Batista1Cena1

Batista1Cena1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:29 PM

ok heres what I get when i turn it on and boot up it says Primary Slave Hard Disk Fail and Secondary master hard disk fail and secondary slave hard disk fail so if you have any idea please help

#6 maj.stiffy

maj.stiffy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:00 PM

how many drives do you have on each ide channel( ex. pri master/slave, sec master/slave)? did you ck the drives to make sure that the jumper is set correctly for you pri hard disk?? the error message you gave does not sound like there is a problem with the hard drive itself, maybe the jumpers. now if the message says pri hard disk failure that means you are not going to be able to boot into windows...you may be able to recover the install of winxp if you have the cd or you might be able to format, or you might have to just buy a new hdd. just check the jumpers on the back of the drive and make sure they are set correctly, make sure the ide cable to the drive is seated in both the mobo and back of hdd correctly, if those two things don't work you're gonna have to pull out the 'ol winxp cd and get to re installing, and lastly if you can't reinstall winxp you are gonna have to get a new hdd...any more questions just ask, and if i forgot anything, please fill in the gaps..
maj.stiffy

#7 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:02 PM

Dear Bal,

Was your son fooling around with the interior of the computer or just programs?

What was your son trying to do?

A lot of times it is a simple solution, so don't skin your son! :thumbsup:

We will work with you. Relax...and put the hot-wheel track down! :flowers:

Let us know,

junkdk :trumpet:
Your Hardware Guide.

#8 Batista1Cena1

Batista1Cena1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:09 PM

when I talked with him about what he did he had said that he was trying to get rid of things he didn't want me to see that he got off the internet and he just started to erase things and then he started to think it would be a good idea to just start deleting everything he came in contact with that way there would be no way of me seeing anything so I really don't know if he deleted the whole thing but it says about the drives fail and it won't even load windows like press a button to enter set up etc and I am a complete computer idiot the only thing I can do is work my way around the internet etc. when something happens I have no idea what to do I bet I'll have to buy a whole new pc but this time if I can fix this problem or when I buy a new one it will be in my bedroom lol my son is 13 so who knows what he did all he said was he just started deleting stuff he said he didn't take anything apart just started deleting everything he could see he did say he hit the start button and was deleting things in there to

Edited by Batista1Cena1, 10 July 2005 - 03:11 PM.

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

This error is happening too soon to have anything to do with Windows.

it won't even load windows like press a button to enter set up etc

Are you saying it won't boot far enough to see the "Press Del to enter setup"? If you can get into the Bios (setup) find the way to reset the Bios defaults, then save the changes and exit. Its too coincidentall that all the drives have failed. If that doesn't work I would guess he disconnected the Hard Drive cables.

What is your operating system?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users