Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual problem Windows requesting SP 3 CD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Win XP/MCE
Ca security suite
Teatimer

Windows is prompting me for my S P3 CD (that I don't have I use auto update )

It says that my files have been replaced by unrecognized versions

Posted Image

Also my CA anti virus says I am infected with a virus called..

win32/amalum.zznra

win32/amalum.zzoiz

I ran updated MBAM.exe nothing found

Edited by Martel, 08 July 2009 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

CA anti virus...???

This may be a problem unique to CA. (or not )

I suggest we continue to monitor this post and wait for the answer to come around.

Edited by Martel, 08 July 2009 - 09:00 PM.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Topic reopened and HiJack This log deleted.

The other posts that were in this topic have been split out to avoid confusion. I shall wait for you to create your own topics. If you have not done so by tomorrow evening, I shall restore them to the forum and will send each of you Private Messages informing you of the topic links.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 08 July 2009 - 09:13 PM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 Dino22

Dino22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

I have the same issue, I turned off the real time scanner and quarantine options in the CA software and restored the quarantined files, the windows messages for CD ROM SP3 Disappear, looks like a CA thing

#5 dzondzon

dzondzon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

It started today (July 8, 2009) for me after I updated my CA anti-virus. I also turned of the real time scanner and restored the quarantined files. Windows was asking for the operating system disc to restore the files that were mistakenly quarentined by CA. From what I've read here this seems to be totally a CA antivirus glitch. None of my scans with other software report problems.
Just checked the CA forums. looks like they are aware of this problem. see this thread

http://homeofficeforum.ca.com/homeofficefo...read.php?t=4831

Edited by dzondzon, 08 July 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#6 CPM

CPM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

I just called CA and told them about this problem. The guy told me that they are aware of this problem and that they will fix it in 24 hours. In the meantime, I have restored the qurantined files and turned the CA reatime protection off.

CA quarantinted 11 items, many system folders before I decided to turn off real time protection.

#7 kayakdude

kayakdude

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

OK. This is definitely a CA anti-virus problem. I de-quarantined the affected files, re-scanned and had no problem.

#8 CPM

CPM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

OK. This is definitely a CA anti-virus problem. I de-quarantined the affected files, re-scanned and had no problem.

Be sure to also turn off real time scanning. Otherwise, CA will quarantine the files again. In any event, don't delete any files that CA quarantined. Just restore them. We just have to wait for a fix from CA before we can turn on real time protection. I hope other people did not set the CA option to automatically delete the detected affected files instead of quarantining them. That would be disatrous as many of the files that CA is catching are essential Windows system files.

#9 Martel

Martel

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Turning off real time scanning and restoring the quarantined files was the fix.

Thanks kayakdude, Dino22 and CPM

Also I have updated my CA and enabled real time scanning.

All is working fine again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users