Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Open Programs On My Mother's Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobbitt

bobbitt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

I think my Mother's computer is using XP. Almost nothing opens up after you click it. I can't even open the about dialog box to find out which operating system she has, but I think it is XP Home.

She says all she wants is email, but she does click on links and goes to websites, she just thinks it part of the email.

I got the email opened for her, but I couldn't open Internet Explorer to search for a solution.

But, now I do have Internet Explorer open, but I can't open Outlook.

When you click the desktop email it makes a sound like something is wrong and nothing opens up.

When you click on the Start button and then click on a program nothing opens up.

She has a keyboard with a button for her email and one for the web, but when you press it, it makes that noise and nothing opens.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bobbitt

bobbitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

Never mind.

My sister came over and said her husband said to try turning it off.

I did, and now it seems to be working again.

Thanks anyway, sorry to bother you.

Edited by bobbitt, 08 July 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:25 PM

No bother :thumbsup:, the best problems are those with such easy resolutions...it may benefit someone else with a similar situation that you posted your solution.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users