Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Presario V5305 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gharden2911

gharden2911

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

I'm working on a Compaq Presario V5000 series Laptop. The actual model is a V5305. When the person brought it to me they complained that the USB ports and the touchpad weren't working. The keyboard was functioning just fine so I was able to login in and I reinstalled the touchpad device drives and USB Root drivers. This didn't work. I then tried to flash the Bios but now when the system boots I have no Keyboard function. It worked fine before I flashed the Bios. What's weird is that when I first power on the computer I have the option to press F10 to enter setup or F12 to boot from the NIC. Funny thing is the keyboard works and allows me to enter setup and navigate through it but after that it doesn't function at all. I've even tried booting from a CD and when I get the option to press any key to boot from CD then there's no response from the keyboard. I have removed the hard drive and put it in another laptop and it boots fine and all the functions work. I have taken another hard drive and put it in this notebook and I get the same results. No keyboard, touchpad, usb or anything. Is the motherboard defective? Was it conicident that the keyboard stopped funtioning after I flash the bios? Is there away to undo the new bios I installed? I hate to spend money on a new board and that's not the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

Sounds like the motherboard has went bad.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 gharden2911

gharden2911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

That's what I figured. I just never have seen the keyboard function in the Bios but not in anything else.
Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users