Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CathyMc

CathyMc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

I purchased a laptop about a month ago. It has Windows Vista, which is fine and I'm not having any issues. But it is 64 bit and an internet program that I have to use for my business is a 32 bit program. Although, the company for the program is working on the problem they don't know when it will be resolved. Is there any way to convert a 64 bit to 32 bit just so I can use this program? HAVE A GREAT DAY!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

32-bit programs run fine on a 64-bit Windows system using WOW64.
So you can run your 32bit program on Windows Vista 64bit.

More information about WOW64 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOW64

EDIT: You do not have to worry about WOW64, its included on Vista 64bit. Just go ahead and run your 32bit app as you would normally.

Edited by Romeo29, 08 July 2009 - 04:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users