Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows system 32 file missing or corrupted!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vay

Vay

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

my computer won't start but sometimes it does start like now that i'm posting this...

but most of the time it never starts unless i keep trying to open it...

so one time i started the computer and it tells me that system32 file is corrupted or missing? and i checked the windows website for help and i need to use the recovery console, which i saw almost every time when i start my computer.

but one time when i activated windows recovery console it didn't finish and some problem occurred...and the computer shuts down.

i need help fixing this can any1 help!!

it is the computer that i am using right now that is having problems starting up but at rare occasions it works like how i am posting this right now so this is urgent i need help before the computer SHUTS DOWN AGAIN!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

There is no System32 file...there is a system32 folder which is full of different files.

You need to pay attention and write down the complete message exactly as it appears onscreen...then someone may have an idea or two.

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD?

Louis

#3 Vay

Vay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:20 PM

There is no System32 file...there is a system32 folder which is full of different files.

You need to pay attention and write down the complete message exactly as it appears onscreen...then someone may have an idea or two.

Do you have a Microsoft XP install CD?

Louis

the notice doesn't pop out all the time when the computer works.
but i was lucky to chance upon it again
i copied the exact file down here:

windows\system\config\system

Edited by Vay, 18 July 2009 - 10:20 PM.

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:11 AM

A System Restore to a date before the problem began is going to be the easiest and quickest remedy for your troubles.

VISTA: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-system-restore-guide/

XP: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#5 Vay

Vay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

A System Restore to a date before the problem began is going to be the easiest and quickest remedy for your troubles.

VISTA: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-system-restore-guide/

XP: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-xp-system-restore-guide/

i have system restore turned on already it seems, and the earliest time i can manually restore my system is to a time the computer already has this problem. I think my computer suffered from playing too much computer games and something might have melted last year and for months it keeps shutting down, because right after my computer got fixed i went to play this online game and it starts shutting down automatically from then on....

is there a way to play online games without my computer shutting down all the time? The computer also freezes and you can't do anything when i finally get the computer to work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users