Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC restarting non-stop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 j0nath4n

j0nath4n

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

Since it's a little hard to explain, I shall list in down in point order:
-My PC starts to behave erratically. Restarts once every time I switch it on but works fine again after restarting once by itself. Occasionally BSOD messages are shown.
-Can't find a solution, and reformatted my HDD.
-Reformatted and same problem.(PC restarts once.)

Now, it is much more worse. I was doing my stuff like normal, and the PC restarts twice. Then the third time, a BSOD message appears briefly and restarts my PC nonstop, can't reach the welcome screen, just the Windows Loading Screen before restarting. Tried going into Safe Mode and tried lot's of times before it finally enters without restarting. I remembered a BSOD message once: it stated something about win32k.sys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D_N_M

D_N_M

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Hello j0nath4n

you can try tapping f8 as you would to go into safe mode and try "last known good configuration" your most recent settings that worked or select disable automatic restart on system failure and noite down the error after restart to help narrow down what's going wrong

D_N_M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users