Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uacinit.dll need to be removed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 msmissy

msmissy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:57 AM

i had system security 2009 only thing left is uacinit.dll, malwarebytes only deletes on reboot, have ran full scan many times sas does not find it and avg has ran and come up clear. I need help in removing it. i can not close avg through processes as you know, to run combofix. i need someone to help me kill this file i will post logs to someone that can help me. I can not find the file to just delete it either! thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:49 AM

I can't help...but did you have System Restore on when you were trying to eliminate it? If so, it's possible that you retained it on your system.

Somewhat related, worth reading: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208514/spyware-protect-2009-infection-leaving-file-uacinitdll/

I suggest getting your system checked out at the Am I Infected forum here. If you elect to do such, I can ask a moderator to move your post to that forum.

Louis

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=u....dll&aqi=g3

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

It looks like you are receiving help for this problem in a HJT forum?

Crossposting within a forum and accross different forums is universally discouraged as help is very limited. Don't worry, you are in good hands and UAC can be wiped fairly easily.
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Seeing how you have a log posted in another forum, this topic is closed
You should not make any changes except those suggested by the person helping you
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users