Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer/freezing/ disabled firewall

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wazndude77

wazndude77

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hello there, I have been here before. Just recently my subscription for my antivirus ran out and I proceeded to install a different one (Kaspersky). I believe during the time of Anti-virus-less I somehow contracted a few bad malware/virus. I ran my computer in Safe Mode, ran all sorts of scans, including Malwarebytes anti malware and I even attempted Combofix myself ( It was so bad I could not even access this website)

Edit: i removed the Log, sorry (forgot).

anyway, today i logged onto my computer and it seemingly worked fine for a couple of hours...But then it just became very slow and unresponsive...Also my infection might have already occured before my removal of my old anti virus, seems like it was dormant and undetected. I can access safe mode on this computer just fine, but when I start my computer regularly, It freezes and becomes unresponsive anytime I try to open a folder or a program

Edit: nevermind. Problem mostly solved.

Edited by wazndude77, 08 July 2009 - 10:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wazndude77

wazndude77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Now that I think about it, running ComboFix on my own probably wasn't the best idea...but i felt like I had no choice...But now my computer is acting very odd, and slow....and the annoying rundlll32 keeps popping up in my task manager.

#3 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Moved from hjt to a more appropriate forum. Tw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users