Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mark Sanford

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

What do all of you guys think of what has been going on with South Carolina state Governor Mark Sanford? What do you guys think of the topic. In case you haven't seen what has been going on look here and say what you think:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford#...ance_and_affair
Computer Pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

Idiot idiot
[id-ee-uht]

Posted Imagenoun
an utterly foolish or senseless person.
Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

Origin:
12501300; ME < L idiōta < Gk idit“s private person, layman, person lacking skill or expertise, equiv. to idiō- (lengthened var. of idio- idio-, perh. by analogy with stratiōt“s professional soldier, deriv. of strati army) + -t“s agent n. suffix

Synonyms:
1. fool, half-wit; imbecile; dolt, dunce, numskull.

Edited by Bezukhov, 09 August 2009 - 01:32 PM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#3 Computer Pro

Computer Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

niceeeeee.
Computer Pro

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:55 AM

I think love or what we think is love can make us do some pretty desparate things. I do not judge. I feel he should have put his job first, but I guess he must have felt love was the priority. I wonder if it was worth it.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Computer Pro

Computer Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

I agree with Pandy. The only thing is he abandoned the state for a week and noone knew where he was at. Not his body guards, noone. And now his family has moved into a seperate house then him
Computer Pro

#6 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

I don't agree.Affairs of the heart should take precedence over his Job. Of course he kept his intentions secret.
Would you advertize to the World,if you were doing the same?
This Guy is evidently not happy in his Marriage, and is trying to find true Happiness,and a Soulmate.
More important in my opinion, than a job,which he most likely, won't have forever,anyway.
The right way, would have been to end his Marriage first,before doing this,but not everybody does this. :thumbsup:

#7 Computer Pro

Computer Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

True, but ending the marriage first would have been the truely right thing to do
Computer Pro

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

Being the Governor of a state is more than just a job. In a perfect world I would agree.. affairs of the heart should take precedence. When you think about being in his shoes.. you realize the precarious position he was in. I can empathize. I feel for the guy. I really do. Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy IMHO. He should have been upfront I guess. If he wanted a divorce he either should have waited til his term was done, or went ahead and began the process. If the woman he was meeting really loved him she would understand and wait.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 Computer Pro

Computer Pro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Pandy,

True True
Computer Pro

#10 mikerox

mikerox

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

I'm not entirely sure of how to address the situation. I want to take the same road as Pandy and avoid being judgmental, (He who is without sin, cast the first stone) but this is just one of many situations where fellow Christians are screwing up their faith walk. Certainly, I am becoming irritated with Republican politicians who scream family values one second, and end up cleaning up their messes the next by comparing themselves to King David, at least in Sanford's case. Personally, though, with the sudden increased rate of "Devout Christians" being caught with their pants down, no pun intended, I like to think of it as a sort of cleansing of the Christian body, a separation between the increasing number of half-hearted Christians, and the continuously dwindling number of us who are actually trying to take our walk seriously...
A Christian and proud of it.

Those who use the Posted Image Button will suffer the wrath of Neapolitan!

#11 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

I guess it does not matter what race, religion, or creed we profess to be. The same basic emotions, needs, devices and desires drives us all. In the end, right is right and wrong is wrong. Don't be a hypocrit. Say what you mean, and do what you say. But that is off topic, I know.

All I know is.. I do not want to judge someone because I do not want anyone to judge me.. it has nothing to do with religion, on my part anyway.

To each his own.. if I was a Christian.. then it is not my place to judge anyone. I think this whole topic is quite... incendiary, in that I think the mere fact we talk and discuss the situation of a human being IS ultimately judgemental. In his own faith.. he will be judged by better than I.. not my place to do so.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users