So, here's my story:
I had Norton 360 installed (hold your remarks please) on PC running Windows XP Pro SP3 and noticed this morning that it had not been able to run automatic updates since yesterday. This is when I discovered my computer, regardless of browser used (IE 8, FireFox 3.5, Safari 4.0) was being blocked from/unable to access any Symantec or Norton site. So I did some searching and reading, found this site and forum, followed what I read and did the following:
- Uninstalled Norton 360 using the Norton Uninstaller.
- Installed/Ran Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool - found nothing.
- Installed/Ran Spybot Search & Destroy - found nothing.
- Installed/Ran SUPERAntiSpyware Professional - found 30 cookies & nothing else. (cleaned the cookies)
Rebooted/Restarted in Safe Mode & did the following:
- Installed/Ran ComboFix - saved the log files
- Installed/Ran HijackThis - saved the log files
- Installed/Ran DDS - saved the log files
Soooo, here I am. Still in Safe Mode and still unable to access any Symantec or Norton sites.
I have *not* reinstalled Norton 360.
I have attached the DDS log file.
Again, thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.
MsJG -aka- Julia