Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet secutiry issues

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brad22

brad22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hi Everyone. I just joined.

Could you please me with this topic - I am looking for a few leads. Even a simple google link or a previous thread here on the same topic will do.

I would like some lowdown on about corporate internet security, what is the latest industry standard for ensuring against hackers etc. Also about security risks and threats faced by individual users like you and me. Finally I would like to know if there are laws protecting companies and individuals against internet based threats and risks, or if there is a federal dept to tackle internet hazards etc.

Like I said, a mere few leads, names of laws, incidents, available anti hack/virus technology will go a long way to help me. SO please spare a couple of minutes and help me get started on this topic.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

Federal Desktop Core Configuration from the National Institute of Standards and Technology/US-CERT/DHS

http://nvd.nist.gov/fdcc/download_fdcc.cfm
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

SANS Free Resources

SANS offers a variety of free resources for everyone to use. SANS Free Resources include developing and maintaining the largest collection of research documents about various aspects of computer and information security, operation of the Internet's early warning system, and many more valuable resources to help in your research.

SANS Free Resources

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 apocalypticgirl

apocalypticgirl

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:48 PM

restricted areas are self produced most times for "unsafe" websites if you're using a work computer - try suggesting Cyberdefender instead to them with the assurance of it's benefit of blocking virus'.

#5 brad22

brad22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

so which are te biggest kind of internet threat facing corporates and individual consumers ?? keylogging?? worms??

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

Since this has all the earmarks of a 'homework' project. I would suggest you do your own research from the already provided links, and even expand your search beyond those links. You are able to use google and the questions you ask here can be found via google. This way you learn as well, as do your own research, and find the answers to the questions before you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:10 AM

Right on the money Animal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users