Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Oops

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rennikz

rennikz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

ok i'm relax but i should be freaking out we use a program called video vision best ever for dvd rental store but the program freeze and i told my staff to restart the computer the girl press the reset button now we lost everything all our customers... the backups in case the system crash i even had copies of the back ups in my documents but now not a single folder is in my documents i try to do a system restore it tells me that it has been turn off and try to get into device manager it automatically closes off damn i never thought a mistake like that could be so serious my boss is gonna kill me anyone got any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rennikz

rennikz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:34 PM

i use a program to find deleted files and found a backup 4 days old ....found one earlier but... it was corrupted but i'm happy! don't have to put back in our customers

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Reading your situation...just another reason why everyone with a computer...should have a hard drive or removeable media...for backups alone. Easier still, a cloned system hard drive.

Louis

#4 case.bolt

case.bolt

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

given that this is most likely proprietary software, or at least a very specific software package written specifically for doing functions of your job (video store rental and such) you should probably call the program vendor for support. no one knows every program, but most programs do have some sort of fail safe to prevent catastrophic loss of data at the hands of unskilled users whose first recourse is always a hard reset (big NO NO!)

in short, call your district office, call your program vendor (look them up on google if need be) or talk to your boss. yes, you may be fired. or you may not. cross that bridge when it comes. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users