Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access 'Net Options, Win Media Player doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dogs19

dogs19

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:57 PM

I'm having two problems I'd love help with:

1) I can't access Internet Options in the Tools Menu in Explorer. When I click it, it says "The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." But I AM trying to access it from the Administrator user log-in! It still won't let me access it. I wonder if changes I made in windows.msc might have affected this...any suggestions?

2) Windows Media Player doesn't work at all within Explorer. Whenever I go to a page that has Windows Media content within the page, a grayed out silhouette of Windows Media with buttons out of position appears on the page, and the content refuses to load.

Any suggestions on how to take care of these two vexing problems?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dogs19

dogs19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone help me with this?